Application for membership or shares in BADAC must be in a form approved by the Board, and accompanied by the relevant fee or amount set out in Part 2 of Appendix 3 of the Model Rules of BADAC.
- The membership fee is currently: $1.00 per share. ($0.10 fee is paid by the applicant, and the remaining $0.90 is subsidised by BADAC)
- BADAC Membership applications are approved by the Board at regular monthly meetings.
- No member shall hold more than one share.
- Only persons of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent (or spouses of) may apply for membership.
Alternatively, you may request for a copy of the form to be sent to you from BADAC Main Reception (5 Market St BALLARAT/ Ph: 03 5331 5344) or you can be emailed a copy via [email protected]
Active Membership Requirements
A BADAC member is considered an “Active Member” if the member has used or been part of any BADAC services (as defined in the Model Rules) in the past 12 months.
Members are required to be active. Being an active member means that in a 12 month period the member:
- has utilised or supported an activity of the Co-operative,
- or maintained a relationship with, the Co-operative, in connection with the carrying on of a primary activity of the Co-operative.
Inactivity for a period of 12 months years will result in cancellation of the shareholder’s membership at BADAC. A letter notifying the member of this cancellation will be posted to the member’s last known address as recorded at BADAC.